Mental Health Quotes 2022
MENTAL HEALTH MOTIVATION
Who doesn’t love a motivational or inspirational quote? – Mental Health Quotes 2022
Have you ever thought about why?
Well, quite simply, motivational quotes make us feel heard and understood. They are short and concise sentences that put big feelings or experiences into simple words.
When we can’t find the words or can’t quite describe a situation accurately enough, there is always a quote to back us up!
They also inspire us to achieve happiness, encourage us when we are feeling down and motivate us to reach for our dreams! Quotes are usually messages of hope anchored by wisdom. They come from someone that has been through something similar and a lesson has been learnt that they can now pass on. This also makes motivational quotes a great reminder that we are not alone. Connection and belonging brings freedom and security, much like inspirational quotes.
Motivational quotes are the mood-changer and positive upliftment that we all need!
Our favourite mental health quotes
It is a great idea to have your favourite quotes for different scenarios on-hand, for those moments that you may need them. For example, quotes about perseverance for times when you may feel like giving up; quotes about the ‘road to success’ for times when you feel like a failure; quotes about self-love for when you are being hard on yourself; quotes about relationships for times when you may need relationship reminders- and the list can go on…
We decided to gather a few of our favourite mental health quotes for when you may need a mental health ‘pick me up’.
Use the ones that you can relate to for a little extra comfort and support.
Inspirational mental health quotes
- “There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.” — John Green
- “You don’t have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.” — Dan Millman
- “Change what you can, manage what you can’t.” — Raymond McCauley
- “Deep breathing is our nervous system’s love language.” — Dr. Lauren Fogel Mersy
- “I think it’s really important to take the stigma away from mental health… My brain and my heart are really important to me. I don’t know why I wouldn’t seek help to have those things be as healthy as my teeth.” —Kerry Washington, from HuffPost
- “Anything that’s human is mentionable, and anything that is mentionable can be more manageable. When we can talk about our feelings, they become less overwhelming, less upsetting, and less scary.” — Fred Rogers
- “You are imperfect, you are wired for struggle, but you are worthy of love and belonging.” — Brené Brown
- “Mental health affects every aspect of your life. It’s not just this neat little issue you can put into a box.” — Shannon Purser
- “If you can’t fly, run. If you can’t run, walk. If you can’t walk, crawl, but by all means, keep moving.” —Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “You are not your illness. You have an individual story to tell. You have a name, a history, a personality. Staying yourself is part of the battle.” — Julian Seifter
- “Take a shower, wash off the day. Drink a glass of water. Make the room dark. Lie down and close your eyes. Notice the silence. Notice your heart. Still beating. Still fighting. You made it, after all. You made it, another day. And you can make it one more. You’re doing just fine.” ― Charlotte Eriksson
- “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” — Albus Dumbledore
- “Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it. Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and belonging and joy—the experiences that make us the most vulnerable. Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.” — Brené Brown
- “Vulnerability sounds like truth and feels like courage. Truth and courage aren’t always comfortable, but they’re never weakness.” — Brené Brown
- “Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” — Christopher Robin from Winnie the Pooh
- “Self-care is how you take your power back.” — Lalah Delia
- “My dark days made me strong. Or maybe I already was strong, and they made me prove it. — Emery Lord
- “We cannot selectively numb emotions, when we numb the painful emotions, we also numb the positive emotions.” — Brené Brown
- “Don’t believe everything you think.” — Unknown
- “Your mental health is everything – prioritize it. Make the time like your life depends on it, because it does.” — Mel Robbins
- “The best way out is always through.” — Robert Frost
- “What if you moved through the world as if you were easy to be loved? Because I promise you, you are easy to love.” – Sonalee Rashatwar
- “‘Positive vibes only’ isn’t a thing. Humans have a wide range of emotions and that’s OK.” — Molly Bahr, LMHC
- “I now see how owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we will ever do.” — Brené Brown
- “Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love.” — Brené Brown
- “Sometimes self care is exercise and eating right. Sometimes it’s spending time with loved ones or taking a nap. And sometimes it’s watching an entire season of TV in one weekend while you lounge around in your pajamas. Whatever soothes your soul.” — Nanea Hoffman
- “You don’t have to be positive all the time. It’s perfectly okay to feel sad, angry, annoyed, frustrated, scared and anxious. Having feelings doesn’t make you a negative person. It makes you human.” — Lori Deschene
- “Just because no one else can heal or do your inner work for you doesn’t mean you can, should, or need to do it alone.” – Lisa Olivera
- “Recovery is not one and done. It is a lifelong journey that takes place one day, one step at a time.” — Unknown
- “This feeling will pass. The fear is real but the danger is not.― Cammie McGovern
- “The experience I have had is that once you start talking about [experiencing a mental health struggle], you realize that actually you’re part of quite a big club.” – Prince Harry
- “Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor. – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “We are not our trauma. We are not our brain chemistry. That’s part of who we are, but we’re so much more than that.” ― Sam J. Miller
- “You can’t control everything. Sometimes you just need to relax and have faith that things will work out. Let go a little and just let life happen.” — Kody Keplinger
- “Take your time healing, as long as you want. Nobody else knows what you’ve been through. How could they know how long it will take to heal you?” — Abertoli
- “If we start being honest about our pain, our anger, and our shortcomings instead of pretending they don’t exist, then maybe we’ll leave the world a better place than we found it.” — Russell Wilson
- “Mental health problems don’t define who you are. They are something you experience. You walk in the rain and you feel the rain, but you are not the rain.” — Matt Haig
- “Emotional pain is not something that should be hidden away and never spoken about. There is truth in your pain, there is growth in your pain, but only if it’s first brought out into the open.” — Steven Aitchison
- “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.” – Joubert Botha
- “In any given moment, we have two options: to step forward into growth or to step back into safety.” – Abraham Maslow
You matter. Your story matters.
If you are having a bad day, week, month- we hope that one or more of these motivational quotes will remind you that you are not alone. Life can be hard, but you can do hard things. Think back on your life and look at what you have already achieved. Reflect on all the progress that you have made.
Take your time. Do some self-care. Do not judge yourself for the bad days. Do not compare your feelings, experience or life to anyone else’s.
YOU HAVE GOT THIS!